How to get a TransUnion Credit Report and Credit ScoreThe TransUnion credit agency is one of three credit reporting agencies providing credit reports to consumers and selling credit information/credit services to lenders. By Federal law each credit agency is mandated to provide free credit report to consumers once a year. Based on federal law , the three credit bureaus (Transunion, Experian and Equifax) created one company Annual Credit Report to provide free credit reports to consumers.
In case your goal is to get free credit report and you haven't used free credit report option from AnnualCreditReport.com website, please visit Annual Credit Report.
TransUnion Credit Report Services and ProductsThe TransUnion company is helping millions of customers with credit report, monitoring and identity theft services. Each service and product comes with different price model. Here is the brief note on each of these services.
- TransUnion Credit Report & Score:- service comes with credit report and credit score. The current deal is that you get free TransUnion Credit Score & $1 Credit Report are available as part of a 7-day trial subscription-based credit monitoring service. Customers have choice to cancel at any time during the trial period. At the end of 7-day trial, consumer will be billed at $17.95 per month. The catch is if you don't cancel your account within trial period you will end up paying $17.99 per month.
Under this plan customers get unlimited updates to credit report and score. Instant email alerts and fraud alerts, identity theft protection and identity theft insurance up to $1,000,000.
- True Identity Protection:- Unfortunately there too many Internet hackers out there preying on innocent people to steal their identity and use it for various means. There are many gray market where such information is soled. Transunion provides TrueIDentity service to conduct internet watch to ensure person's identity is safe , no body is opening new accounts using person's SSN, loss wallet prevention, insurance on identity theft and many m ore benefits. The cost is $1 for first seven days as trial period and thereafter $9.99 per month.
- Service provided are
- Monitor & Protect Personal Information, Credit Cards and Bank Accounts
- 3-Bureau Credit Report Monitoring
- Alerts of TU Credit Inquiries
- Lock and Unlock Your TU Credit Report
- Monitor Court Records & Payday Loans Matching Your Identity
- Get alerts any time your postal address changes
- Identify & Monitor Sex Offenders in Your Area
- Identity Restoration Specialists
- Lost Wallet Restoration
- Your TransUnion Credit Score & Report
- $1 Million ID Theft Insurance (Certain restriction apply)
- For more information and details on each of these TransUunion product and way to get TransUnion Credit Report and Credit Score, Visit TransUnion.
How to cancel TransUnion credit reportSounds like cancelling TransUnion services or membership is a multistep process. There is no easy option to cancel the account. You have to login to your account, click to "Help" tab on top of the page on right side. This will present the next page. On next page click on FAQ tab and select payment option. This will take you to a page with many links to helpful topics. One of them is "how can I cancel my account". Click on this link, will take you directly to cancelation page.
The information you get is 800 number to call and cancel your account, the good thing is TransUnion also provides a link to terminate the account electronically.
Cancellation process for Experian membership and services
- Login to your account
- Click on Help tab - placed at right corner
- Click on FAQ tab.
- Select Payment option
- Click on 'how can I cancel account" link
- You have two options, either calling 800 number to cancel account, or cancel electronically by clicking one more link cancel now.
PLEASE note time to time webpage content and phone number changes.
Visit TransUnion and read more on cancelling Transunion services or membership account.